The new Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner build number 20121106 includes a number of new features, new security checks, product improvements and as well bug fixes. To help web security experts automate their work, in this new build we included a new feature that allows you to schedule up to 2,000 website security scans via a csv file, rather than using the current scheduler web interface.
– Schedule up to 2,000 website security scans using a CSV file.
– Ability to exclude WSDL inputs from a scan from the WSDL scan wizard.
New Security Checks:
– Added a new security check for IIS global.asa / global.asax backup files.
– Added a new remote code execution security check for vbseo 3.6.0.
– New arbitrary PHP code execution security check for Drupal.
– New information disclosure security check for Drupal.
– Added several web security checks for Ekton CMS.
– New XSS security check that can find vulnerabilities in Referrer headers.
– Scheduler UI now supports pagination for faster load time.
– Improved XSS vulnerabilities detection in URIs.
– Improved Input Fields entries for better crawling of websites.
– Client certificates are now being used from the Login Sequence Recorder.
– Fixed a crash in the compare scans template.
– Fixed an AcuSensor injection problem with .NET Framework 4.0 applications.
– Fixed several Sensitive Directory vulnerabilities false positives.
– Fixed a Login Sequence Recorder crash.
How to Upgrade to Build 20121106
On starting Acunetix WVS 8, a pop-up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. Navigate to the General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.