• Define specified and explicit purposes for its policy
• Inform users about the purposes of the processing implemented
• Define retention periods for personal data processed
• Not proceed, without legal basis, with the potentially unlimited combination of users’ data
• Fairly collect and process passive users’ data
• Inform users and then obtain their consent before dropping cookies
Google continues to contest the requests that CNIL have made claiming that their policies already comply with all the required EU laws and therefore hasn’t made any changes as yet. CNIL will now enforce sanctions on Google for failing to meet the requirements.