Server virtualization uses software to partition a physical server into virtual servers, which can then be divided into multiple, isolated virtual environments.
We can provide tailored hardware resources allocated from a central pool on a virtual-private-server (VPS) basis. This means we are able to provide our clients with a custom and flexible server virtualization solution tailored to each and every business. If, after a period of time, you require more (or less) server virtualization, we can upgrade your solution instantly. All that is required is for us to allocate more storage for your business from the server virtualization pool.
We can integrate a Virtual Platform into your existing set-up all by reducing the amount of physical hardware servers in your office. This means that if your company needs multiple servers to do different tasks (such as running a domain controller, exchange, phone system or whatever you need), then it’s a good way to cut costs by running an in-house virtual system.
There are various benefits for server virtualization. Some of these are:
- Allows you to multiply the amount of servers with less physical hardware
- Consolidation of hardware and running costs isolation of systems / software that conflict, making your infrastructure more efficient
- Flexible and easy to manage, enabling movement of servers between locations with no downtime.
- More uptime in the event of a crash – data moving from one server to another with little to no interruption allowing the server to remain active
- Block level backups using virtual tools, allowing restoration right down to mailbox, AD and SQL level – can be achieved in minutes (much quicker than other backup methods).
- Hardware utilisation – make use of all available CPU, memory and disk resources, rather than using less than 10% of their potential most of the time