Virtual backups deal directly with the virtualisation platform and capture point-in-time snapshots of the entire virtual machine state right down to the block level. This snapshot is then compared with the previous backup taken and only the changed blocks are written to the new backup. By using this method, virtual backups are not only more consistent but save time considerably.
What are the benefits of virtual backups?
- Consistent and reliable
- Flexibility over what is and isn’t backed up within the virtual machine
- Application aware processing to allow for restoration of individual items with AD, mailbox’s within Exchange server and SQL server objects
- Can reduce backup and recovery time by up to 95%
- Reduce administrative time by up to 90%
- Reduce running costs by up to 70%
- Can improve RPOs (Recovery Point Objectives) and RTOs (Recovery Time Objectives)
- Affordable – Reduce TCO (Total Cost Ownership) and increase ROI (Return on Investment)
Virtual Backups for cloud
Cloud storage solves the issue of keeping backups off site and safe from a regional disaster event, reducing the risk of losing critical business data. We can integrate cloud backups into your existing virtual data protection plan to address recovery challenges of any type.
- Automatically copies local backups to the cloud on a scheduled or constant basis
- Compresses and encrypts backups to reduce storage costs and bandwidth usage
- No interruption or impact to local backup or recovery operations
- Lower costs with annual one-off subscription licensing with little or no renewal fees; no capital expenditure
- No additional hardware required
- Pay for what you use on a storage & bandwidth basis
- Use of a WAN accelerator for lower bandwidth connections