This is the Privacy Notice of Signal Networks Ltd, whose headquarters is located at Unit 8, Middle Bridge Business Park, Portis Fields, Bristol Road, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PN.
Who are we and what do we do?
Signal Networks is a Technology Solutions Provider providing managed services to our Client base. Signal Networks Ltd (www.signalnetworks.co.uk) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller of your personal information is Signal Networks Ltd you have contracted with and/or to whom you have granted consent.
What personal information do we collect from you and how do we use it?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal information that you provide by filling in forms Signal Networks provides via its website signalnetworks.co.uk or Signal Networks Ltd Affiliate websites and portals where applicable. This includes personal information provided at the time of subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for personal information when you report a problem with our site.
- We use this information to provide the services to you that you have requested and which we have agreed to provide to you.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitors IP address and browser user agent string to aid in spam detection.
- When providing such information as your email address through our website this information may be shared with such services as Gravatar – https://automattic.com/privacy/
- If you have an account on the website and or portal, should you have registered for an account against the website / portal personal information is stored against the individual user’s profile. All users can see, edit and or delete personal information within this profile at any time.
- We may monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations which may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about the products and services you procure from us, and that are supplied to you by us for your consumption.
- Our grounds for processing your personal information for the purposes described above, is because it is in our legitimate business interests to do so and is required in order for us to provide our services to you.
Marketing and advertising
- We may require your personal data in order to send to you marketing materials which we think may be of interest to you in relation to products and services that we currently supply and or intend on supplying going forward. In most instances our lawful ground for processing your personal data for marketing purposes is that it is in our legitimate business interest to do so.
Credit checking and account management
- When we supply services to you, and you procure those services from Signal Networks Ltd we may make enquiries about your business organisation for credit reference purposes only. At all times where your personal information is disclosed to Signal Networks Ltd we will take all necessary actions in order to protect that information in accordance with this policy.
Do we share your personal information with anybody else?
- In relation to providing our services to you as a client and consumer we sometimes utilise the services of other organisations to facilitate our delivery to you. To enable us to do this, we may on occasions need to share your personal information with them. If and should this happen, these organisations are instructed by us that they meet all applicable requirements in relation to data protection legislation when processing your personal information.
- Our grounds for processing your personal information for the purposes described above, is because it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
How do we protect your personal information?
- Signal Networks Ltd takes the safeguarding of personal information very seriously. Key measures are put in place (such as Information Security Policies and non-disclosure agreements), to protect personal information against unauthorised disclosure or processing.
- Where you have been provided with password credentials to log onto portals and or websites provided by Signal Networks Ltd against the services we provide, it remains your responsibility to safeguard usernames and passwords that grant and provide you access to such websites and portals.
- Any information that is collected and or administered to by Signal Networks Ltd on your behalf is subject to specific security measures that are in place within Signal networks Ltd. This includes physical and virtual security such as firewall devices and the use of encryption where applicable. Graduated access controls are in place to safeguard key data repositories within the Signal Networks Ltd “network”. All authorised persons are bound by non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements as part of their employment terms and conditions.
- The transmission of data to and from Signal Networks Ltd websites and or portals across the public internet cannot ever be completely secure and guaranteed. Transmission to and from these sites is undertaken at your own risk. Once transmission is received by Signal Networks Ltd, we will utilise strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
- If you leave a comment on the website you may opt in to saving your name and email address in Cookies. These details are saved for your convenience.
- If you have an account and log into the website or portal we will set a temporary Cookie to determine if your browser accepts Cookies. This Cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
How to access your personal information and your other rights
- If you provide a formal request via [email protected] we’ll confirm whether we’re processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information. There may be a financial charge depending on the level and type of information requested.
- Additionally, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you, alternatively you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you. Please submit a formal request via [email protected].
- Any changes or amendments to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and at this link (signalnetworks.co.uk/privacy).
- You won’t be directly notified of these changes, so please refer to the link above for future updates and the latest working copy of this policy
Contact and further queries