Signal Networks are able to offer Secure Sockets Layer certificates (otherwise known as SSL Certificates) to their clients and other organisations at a fraction of the cost other companies usually charge.
An SSL certificate keeps you and your customer’s safe by protecting the information that’s flowing to and from your website. It encrypts names, addresses, passwords, account and credit card numbers and more so hackers and other online criminals can’t read them.
It works by creating an electronic ‘passport’ that establishes the websites credibility and authenticity and allows the server to run on an encrypted and secure connection. This connection is established by checking the digital certificate which includes validating information on:
- The Certificate holder’s name (individual or company)
- The Certificate’s serial number and expiration date
- A copy of the Certificate holder’s “public” cryptographic key
- The digital signature of the Certificate-issuing authority
- Extended SSL Certificates give the site visitor an additional visual cue, displaying the Certificate holder’s name against a distinctive green background in the visitor’s
There are specific ways a user can validate they are on an SSL protected page. The following visual indicators appear allowing the user to proceed knowing your site is secure:
- A “padlock” icon in the browser’s status bar
- The https:// prefix in the URL
- The URL address bar turns to green (Extended Validation Certificates only).
- The Trusted “Verified and Secure” site seal
A Signal Networks SSL Certificate provides the same type of ironclad, corporate-class security as our competitors, but for up to 90% less than you’ll pay elsewhere. Our SSL certificates are:
- Fully validated
- Up to 256-bit encryption
- Valid up to 5 years (depending on certificate type)
- 99% browser recognition
- Stringent authentication
- Phone, email and Web support
- Warranty (up to £666,978)
- Covers an unlimited number of servers
- (other Certification Authorities charge for every server)
You can purchase a Standard SSL Certificate, Premium SSL Certificate or Multiple Domain UCC Certificate through our secure portal here.